SOUND4 VOICE ULA2 is a high-quality PCI Express card with the capability of processing 2 channels. A compact but powerful voice processor, it boasts full compatibility with all Axia and RAVENNA products and can be used as a resource which can be routed and placed anywhere in a Livewire chain. Its intelligent processing structure is based on the Sound4-patented HQSound 192kHz Audio Processing Engine and incorporates several important features which include an advanced DeEsser and a 3-band processor. The 3-band noise gate is an essential feature for general sound optimization. Thanks to the HQSound algorithms, the Noise Gate is extremely reactive in terms of opening and closing Gates, while in Advanced detection mode users have access to Thresholds, Target, Hold Time and Release Time. The 4-band parametric Equalizer provides the final touches in the sound setup, whereas the brick wall limiter accounts for the strong gain limitation.
This product has an impressive adaptability to all kinds of voice. It is cost-effective, easy to access and operate via the control interface and provides a number of features with the trademark SOUND4 reliability and performance. VOICE ULA2 allows for work in multiple live and production studios, providing users with access to their own presets in each studio. If a user preset is modified in one studio, all other studios will be automatically updated. The tool also offers the Session Recall option, allowing you to save all Mic affectations and loaded user presets, then recall them in one click.With the VOICE ULA2, SOUND4 has developed a cutting-edge product to meet the strictest customer demands in terms of affordability, design and functionality.
First of its Kind
The SOUND4 VOICE ULA2 is a high-quality tool with the capability of processing 2 channels. A multichannel voice processor, it boasts full compatibility with all Axia and RAVENNA products and it can be used as a resource which can be routed and placed anywhere in a Livewire* chain. Its intelligent processing structure is based on the Sound4-patented HQSound 192kHz Audio Processing Engine and incorporates several important features which include an advanced DeEsser, a 3-band noise gate, a 3-band processor, a 4-band parametric EQ, as well as a brick wall limiter and an impressive adaptability to all kinds of voice. Audio airs a maximum of 15 seconds after booting the unit. The SOUND4 VOICE ULA2 is cost-effective, easy to access, set up and operate via the control interface and it provides a number of features with the trademark SOUND4 reliability and performance. It allows for work in multiple live and production studios, providing users access to their own presets in each studio. If a user preset is modified in one studio, all other studios will be automatically updated. The tool also offers the Session Recall option, allowing you to save all Mic affectations and loaded user presets, then recall them in one click.
With the VOICE ULA2, SOUND4 has developed a cutting-edge product to meet the strictest customer demands in terms of affordability, design and functionality.
Universal Lan Audio Version
Although the SOUND4 VOICE exists in several versions, the Livewire & RAVENNA compatible version deserves special mention as it is the first multichannel voice processor 100% compatible with all Axia and RAVENNA products.
Livewire* is the audio-over-Ethernet standard created by Axia Audio that provides easy routing and sharing of broadcast-quality audio. "Everyone agrees that IP-Audio is the future. There are already more than 1,500 studios around the world powered by Axia Livewire networks," says Axia Vice-President Marty Sacks. With the Livewire* system, a single Ethernet cable carries in real time all mics, as well as uncompressed digital audio, device control messages, program-associated data and even routine network traffic. One of the advantages of the SOUND4 VOICE ULA is its capacity to work as a resource that can be routed and inserted anywhere in the Livewire* chain.
An especially cost-effective solution, the SOUND4 VOICE ULA will catch your Mic ID (from nodes or mixers), process separately each channel and then send it back to the mixer on a new ID.
Much more than a simple combination between a noise gate and a compressor
SOUND4 VOICE ULA is powered by the revolutionary HQSound 192kHz Audio Processing Engine – a SOUND4-patented technology.
Its processing structure includes an advanced DeEsser, a 3-band noise gate, a 3-band processor, a 4-band parametric EQ, as well as a brick wall limiter. All those features make it much more than just a combination between a noise gate and a compressor. SOUND4 VOICE ULA is flexible and offers impressive adaptability to all kinds of voice. A wide range of possibilities is at your disposal – from natural to loud and structured, all tones can be achieved in just a few clicks.
Due to its advanced set of features, the SOUND4 VOICE ULA is also the perfect solution for production studios.
A Voice Processor Dedicated to Live Studios
A stand-out new feature that our team introduces with the SOUND4 VOICE ULA is the “Session Recall”. It allows you to save all Mic affectations and loaded user presets, then recall all in one click. SOUND4 VOICE ULA is also externally automatable for dayparts automatic sessions recall.
Software Options Available *
- 1 channel extension for SOUND4 Voice A/D
- Breakout cable for Voice A/D (Sub-D 62 to XRL In/out)
* All Software Options are subject to an additional payment. For pricing please Contact Us.
The SOUND4 VOICE ULA is an innovative solution we have created with the aim of bringing you the multifunctionality that we value so highly. Here are just a few of the features that guarantee the high quality of our product.
The SOUND4 VOICE ULA PCIe Card
- PCI Express x1 card (compatible with x2, x4, x8 and x16 slots)
- 100% autonomous in terms of resources
- Ethernet 100 Base T Livewire compatible
- DSP computing power: 8 Giga Flops (Sharc 40 bits with floating point)
- GUI and drivers compatible 32 & 64 bits (Windows 7, Windows 8 & 8.1, Windows 10, 2008 R2, 2012 and Linux (Debian))
- Multicard driver (the quantity of PCIe slots will be equal to the number of cards admissible in the same PC)
- Start-up time of the SOUND4 VOICE ULA card: 15 seconds max to being On Air
- 100% upgradeable and rapid update (only a 15-second sound interruption).
User-friendly Control Interface
Through the years, SOUND4 has come to be associated not only with the quality of our products, but also with their user-friendly interfaces. The SOUND4 VOICE ULA is part of this long tradition, with a number of assets to allow users easy access, setting and operability.
- Control of all mics on one screen
- Sound setting from one single screen – you no longer need to open and close windows to go from one function to another.
- Two modes - Easy and Full. Easy - provides simplicity and rapidity; Full – allows you to explore all of the processor functionalities. There are also ultra-rapid VU meters for true control over modulation.
- Unlimited “Undo/Redo” versioning function for presets with possibility of recall.
- Innovative “compare” function with reference notion.
- Log function for presets.
- A remote connection manager to control several processors.
- Works with the following operating systems: Microsoft: XP SP3, Seven 32& 64 bits, 2008 R2, Linux (Debian)
- 1 to 8 independent channels**
- Outputs - independent or mixed in 1 or 2 buses
- HQ Sound 192 kHz Sound Processing:
- Advanced DeEsser
- 3-Band Noise Gate
- 3-Band Dynamic Processor
- 4-Band Parametric EQ
- Brick Wall Limiter
- Presets centralization and sharing
- Multi-Studio Ready
- Session Recall
- Link & Share ready
- Main sampling process frequency 192 kHz
- Ultra low delay ~3 milliseconds.
The SOUND4 VOICE ULA2 can process separately up to 2 microphones.
Thanks to the Multi-Studio mode, a SOUND4 VOICE ULA can distribute resources over several studios. This means that if a user has two studios to equip with three microphones each, a single SOUND4 VOICE ULA2 provides an easy solution due to the fact that it can function as two processors, operating separately for each studio. Moreover, studios can Save and Recall their own sessions.
In-House User Presets Centralization
This function facilitates work in multiple live and production studios. As long as there is a SOUND4 VOICE ULA in each of them, animators, interviewers, journalists and DJs will have access to their own presets in each studio.
If a User preset is modified from one studio, thanks to the “in-house user presets centralization”, all other studios will be automatically updated.
SOUND4 VOICE ULA2 offers the possibility to create a preset for each user. Usually, sound processors are running with the same level adjustment. Due to its one-of-a-kind preset function, however, the SOUND4 VOICE ULA2, sound level can be adjusted and the following basics can be adapted depending on the user:
- Input Gain
- Output Gain
- Output Mode - independent or grouped in a bus mix (2 bus mixes are available in SOUND4 Voice ULA)
- Phase Invert and Phase Rotator
- Low Pass & High Pass Filters
- 3-band frequency adjustment
In SOUND4 VOICE ULA, the De-Esser tracks automatically the sibilance frequencies, the user just needs to set up the gain attenuation and the Q Factor which defines the correction width.
One the left side, a graph shows the De-Esser working in real time.
3-Band Noise Gate
In broadcast voice processing, Noise gate is a crucial functionality for general voice sound optimizations. Thanks to HQSound algorithms, the SOUND4 Voice ULA Noise Gate is extremely reactive in opening and closing Gates. This is a real advantage compared to major solutions on the market which usually "eat" the first syllables.
The 3-Band Process
The 3-band Process is the heart of dynamic processing. The SOUND4 VOICE ULA algorithm guarantees the gain in each of the bands in order to complete sound stabilization. “Coloring” is controlled by the fidelity parameter. Thus, it is possible to have a purist and a colored sound texture.
The 3-band Process is achieved through the revolutionary algorithm S.I.S. (Sound Impact System), which makes it possible to maintain the authenticity of the original sound attacks.
Advanced mode allows access to "Smart Gate Threshold", Ratios, Fidelity, SIS, Drives, Thresholds, Attack Time, Release Time and Mix Output Gain.
The 4-Band Parametric EQ
The Parametric EQ provides the final touch in a sound setup. The SOUND4 VOICE ULA is powered with a 4-band parametric Equalizer.
Advanced mode offers access for each band to Frequency, Q factor and Gain correction.
The Brickwall Limiter
The Brickwall Limiter is an advanced algorithm which provides strong gain limitation, guaranteeing that there are no overs and no clipping.
Inputs Type Livewire (Standard or Live Stream) & RAVENNA Quantity 8 Level Adjustable through SOUND4 Voice user software Connector Ethernet 100 base-T Outputs Type Livewire (Standard or Live Stream) Quantity 8 independent or grouped in 1 or 2 bus mixes Level Adjustable through SOUND4 Voice user software Connector Ethernet 100 base-T Audio Driver (Input & Output) Linux (Debian) Alsa Microsoft Windows WDM/Direct Sound compatible 32 & 64 bits: Windows 7 - Windows 8 -Windows 10 - Windows Server 2008 R2 - Windows Server 2012 PCI Express Board Standard PCI express x1 (compatible with x2, x4, x8, x16 slots) Board Power Supply Connector type Molex IDE 4 pins - male Board Consumption 10 watts typical, 30 watts when all outputs are loaded to max Size 185 x 106 mm (without connectors) Compatible Operating System for SOUND4 PCIe Cards Linux Linux (Debian) Microsoft Windows 32 & 64 bits: Windows 7 - Windows 8 - Windows 10 - Windows Server 2008 R2 Windows Server 2012 Compatible Operating System for SOUND4 Remote Software Linux Linux (Debian) Microsoft Windows 32 & 64 bits: Windows 7 - Windows 8 - Windows 10 - Windows Server 2008 R2 - Windows Server 2012 PC to Client Communication Interface TCP/IP Client (Remote) / Server (hosting PC) Architecture via Ethernet Link & Share 100% of parameters are accessible via telnet protocol
User ManualSOUND4 VOICE ULA User ManualSize: 3.40 MB Download
SoftwareUniversal All Products Installer
The Universal Products Installer is the complete installation kit for all SOUND4 Products. Whatever you are using, an In-Box (19 inch racks) or a In-Card (PCIe or PCI cards), the Universal Products Installer installs the software suite for HD/FM products, IP Codecs, Voice Processors and Streaming Processors...The Universal Products Installer includes:
- The Remote Control Software for In-Box and In-Card Products
- For In-Card Products (PCI & PCIe):
- SOUND4 cards Drivers (PCI & PCIe)
- The SOUND4 Server (the service which handles data communication from/to cards)
- Latest upgrade files (for all PCIe & PCI products)
Link&Share is an open command protocol compatible with all SOUND4 Products. Thanks to Link&Share, it is possible to change a product Input, change the On Air Preset, switch an IP Link... Everything is possible with Link&Share!
Here is the Link&Share Transmitter which offers you the possibility to send commands by script...Alarm Stacker
The Alarm Stacker is a free program used to supervise and send alarm messages by email when something is not working correctly. According to product type, users have the possibility to define alarms on a very complete list of parameters.
To oversee the operations of one or more SOUND4 cards, this program must be installed on the computer that hosts the cards.
This program is compatible with all SOUND4 products.Remote Support ToolSize: 4.25 MB Download
You need a dedicated support, you need our assistance remotely on your equipment... No problem, the TeamViewer Remote Tool Support is at your disposal.
When downloaded, run it directly. In the window, you will see an ID number and a password. Please send it to our support team for a dedicated remote support.
Note: this third party tool is provided for free.
LinuxLinux Ubuntu OS
SOUND4 proposes you to install the software package under your own Ubuntu.
NOTE: SOUND4 does not offer Linux support. You have to master Linux Management if you plan to use these software packages.
Compatibility with Ubuntu distributions:
- Lucid Lynx - 10.04 LTS
- Precise Pangolin - 12.04 LTS
- Trusty Tahr - 14.04 LTS
- Xenial Xerus - 16.04 LTS
- Bionic Beaver - 18.04 LTS
Installation For a PC hosting SOUND4 card and running compatible Ubuntu version:
- Click on the following link to add SOUND4 repository - http://www.sound4.biz/repository/ubuntu/sound4-repository.deb
- Then install the driver with following link - apt://sound4exp1?refresh=yes
- Finally, install the SOUND4 server with following link - apt://sound4server
If you also want to install:
- the SOUND4 Remote Control, please use the following link - apt://sound4remote
- the SOUND4 Stream, please follow the link - apt://sound4stream
If you prefer to manage package installation by yourself, please follow the instructions below:
- Add the following source to your Ubuntu repository list (example for Lucid) - deb http://www.sound4.biz/repository/ubuntu lucid non-free
- Then get the SOUND4 GPG signature key - wget -q http://www.sound4.biz/repository/sound4.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add -
- Install required packages - sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install sound4exp1 sound4server sound4remote sound4stream
- Add the user to the audio group (needed for Alarm Stacker GUI) - sudo adduser $USER audio
- Log off and on to make the settings effective.
ImagesImagesThis archive contains all images from product's gallery.